Thursday, May 6, 2021

Part XII - Conclusion

My first boss at Nintendo was Greg Everage. He was a misogynist bully who on a nearly daily basis belittled me, intimidated me, and caused me extreme distress.

It’s no coincidence that sexual assault was ultimately his undoing. HR consistently protected him up till then. That female coworker should have been protected. What happened to her...never should have happened. The warning signs were there and ignored over and over again. I wanted there to be change; I wanted to be that person who made a difference; I didn't want myself or anyone else to suffer. 

Let me be clear: I derived zero pleasure recounting these stories. I carried depression and anger on my shoulders for a long time. When I originally transferred in early 2017 to my new job, I gave myself a week to shorthand what had transpired (the blueprint of these stories). It was a form of therapy, I guess. Get it all out of your system. But isn't that what we are often tasked with doing in our culture as women: endure and move on. I want to see that cycle end in my lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment